Project Coordinating Unit
Overall responsibility for the methodological and practical issues involved in delivering the components of the program will be the responsibility of the Project Coordinating Unit (PUC). Specific duties will include:
- Set-up all technical and operational aspects of the Program
- Provide technical and other assistance to the BTB regarding Program management and implementation
- Report to the BTB on all aspects of Program implementation and the status of specific Program activities and works
- Carry out the procurement of goods and services in consultation with the Belize Tourism Board and the Ministry of Tourism and Civil Aviation
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of plans, project descriptions, specifications, budgets and other documents to carry out specific Program activities and works
- Prepare and obtain Bank approval for all bidding documents required to hire contractors and consulting firms
- Coordinate the bidding process in accordance with Document GN-2349-7 "Policies for the Procurement of Goods and Works Financed by the Inter-American Development Bank" and Document GN-2350-7 "Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants Financed by the Inter-American Development Bank" and the provisions set out in Annex II to these regulations
- Communicate with contractors to resolve contractor claims or contract adjustment issues
- Prepare and submit to the Bank written disbursement requests together with all supporting documentation as required by the Bank and corresponding justification of expenses
- Monitor and evaluate specific Program activities and works
- Carry out, control and register all administrative and accounting procedures
- Maintain an effective system of accounting and financial controls with an appropriate support documentation filing system to permit the verification of transactions and to facilitate the timely preparation of financial statements and reports
- Maintain an effective system of record keeping that provides for the maintenance of records for a minimum of three years after the date of the final disbursement of the Loan funds, such system shall (a) make it possible to identify the sums received from the various sources; (b) show, in accordance with the catalogue of accounts approved by the Bank, the investments in the Project, both with the resources of the Loan and with the other funds to be provided for the Program’s complete execution; (c) include sufficient detail to show the works performed, goods acquired and services contracted, as well as the utilization of such works, goods and services; and (d) include documentation relating to the bidding process and the execution of the contracts financed by the Bank including, but not limited to, bid requests, bid packages, summaries, bid evaluations, contracts, correspondence, work product and drafts, and invoices, including documents relating to the payment of commissions and payments to agents, consultants and contractors; and (e) show the cost of the investments in each category and the progress of the works. With respect to credit programs, the records shall also detail the credits granted, the recoveries obtained and the utilization of the funds recovered.
- Prepare and submit to the BTB for its approval a report on the status of works and equipment included in the Program and an annual maintenance plan for such works and equipment, the said report and plan to be submitted within the first quarter of each year for ten years following the completion of the first of the works included in the Program
- Compile data to record and control the results of the Program
- Prepare and submit to the BTB for its approval within a period of twelve months from the effective date of the Loan contract: (i) the baseline data pertaining to the indicators on the Results Matrix of the Program and (ii) a description of the procedure that will be followed in compiling and processing data to be used for the annual comparisons with the initial baseline data to evaluate the results of the execution of the Program
- Prepare and submit to the BTB for its approval beginning with the third year after the effective date of the Loan contract and continuing annually thereafter until the fifth year after the last disbursement of the Loan funds the annual comparative data referred to in the above sub-clause.
- Prepare and submit to the BTB for its approval the semiannual progress reports.